Proactively Make Process Changes to the Flotation Circuit to Keep It Stable
Using virtual sensors, the IntelliSense.io Flotation Optimization applications exposes how individual flotation cells & columns perform, including material flows & recoveries, in response to changing feed properties and other process changes. Allowing proactive process changes that keep the circuit stable.
The Problems Faced by Flotation Circuits
The purpose of a Flotation circuit is to concentrate feed ore to the desired metal grade, losing as little as possible of the desired metal in the process.
Achieving throughput, grade and recovery targets is challenging as operators face a reactive and manual approach, often responding to the appearance of the froth, that is compounded by:
- Constant changes in feed properties
- Limited real-time visibility on flotation circuit performance
- Limited feedback on how best to modify control variables for optimal grade and recovery
Optimizing your flotation circuit achieves improved recovery at the desired grade, directly increasing net metal production
The IntelliSense.io Flotation application provides operators and metallurgists with the information needed to proactively make changes to the flotation circuit to keep it stable and operating at optimum performance.
The IntelliSense.io Solution
IntelliSense.io’s Flotation Optimization Application, powered by the IntelliSense.io brains.app platform, addresses these challenges directly. The application will:
- Predict the impact of changes in material inputs (ore mineralogy and PSD) on the flotation circuit performance, including mass pulls, grade and recovery
- Deliver intelligence to the operators about variables that directly influence the flotation grade and recovery, including:
- Each flotation cell’s bubble size, gas hold-up and bubble surface area flux
- The mass pull and recovery of individual flotation cells & columns, and how they contribute to the overall circuit performance
- Provide recommendations for optimal set points and/or ranges of key control variables in the flotation circuit, including reagent dosages, air flow rates and pulp levels
A Solution Panel in the Flotation Application showing an Operator monitoring; recovery, bubble size and bubble area flux.
The Value Gained from Optimization
The IntelliSense Flotation Optimization Application will:
- Increase the flotation circuit’s metal recovery at the desired grade and maintain the desired grade and recovery irrespective of upstream changes
- Reduce inefficiencies in the flotation circuit operation by highlighting under performing cells/columns
- Provides explicit operational guidance on how exactly to operate each flotation cell/column, so the overall performance is optimized irrespective of shift
The Flotation Optimization Application is an ‘out-of-the-box’ product that can be rapidly deployed to deliver value within weeks.
The IntelliSense.io Flotation Optimization application has been developed and refined over several years at multiple customer sites, creating an ‘out-of-the-box’ product that can be rapidly deployed to deliver value within weeks.
Mine to Market: Value Chain Optimization
Powered and connected together by the brains.app platform, the Flotation Optimization Application is one of a suite of real-time decision-making applications that uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to optimize each process; from mine-to-market.
Our Material Handling model connects these applications together to drive even greater efficiency gains.