Stockpile & Inventory Optimization
Optimize Mine Planning and Mineral Processing
IntelliSense.io’s Stockpile & Inventory Optimization application provides near real-time, 3D ore control models of stockpiles to optimize mine planning and mineral processing.
The Challenges Faced when Managing Stockpiles
- The ‘weighted average’ approach to stockpile modelling results in a lack of visibility of the stockpile contents and crucially its properties
- This lack of visibility causes a high degree of variance in the feed to the mineral processing plant; including hardness and grade
- The impact of this variance is the processing plant operates at sub-optimal throughput and recovery
Knowing the material characteristics and quality of your Stockpile will increase your operational efficiency and maximize your product grade by allowing you to make informed blending decisions about the feed sent to the processing plant
The IntelliSense.io Stockpile & Inventory Optimization application has been developed and refined over a number of years at multiple customer sites, creating an ‘out-of-the-box’ product that can be rapidly deployed to deliver value within weeks.
The IntelliSense.io Solution
The IntelliSense.io Stockpile & Inventory Optimization Application:
- Uses 3D modelling to keep track of where and when materials are deposited and reclaimed in near real-time
- Tracks the material flows and associated properties (e.g. source, volume, key minerals & elements, hardness, lithology) from the mine to the stockpile and into the plant
- Integrates data from multiple sources such as Fleet Management Systems and Drone Scans to increase stockpile accuracy
- Provides real-time information including predictions of when material will arrive at a particular point and alerts such as ‘time in situ’
A Solution Panel in the Digital Stockpile Application showing Material Dumped
A Solution Panel in the Digital Stockpile Application showing Material Reclaimed
The Value Gained from Optimization
The IntelliSense.io Stockpile & Inventory Optimization application will:
- Optimize throughput and recovery with improved blending decisions
- Eliminate reclaim errors by knowing exactly where your material is, where it came from and where it’s going
- Avoid value destruction caused by dumping errors
- Decrease waste and risk caused by material remaining in-situ for longer than is safe
The IntelliSense.io Stockpile & Inventory Optimization application is helping deliver over $100M per year in value creation at a South African Platinum Mine
”The system has exceeded expectations & has moved from proof of concept through pilot to now being implemented at all Anglo operations.”
Head of Mining, Anglo American
Mine to Market: Value Chain Optimization
Powered and connected together by the brains.app platform, the Stockpile & Inventory Optimization Application is one of a suite of real-time decision-making applications that uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to optimize each process; from mine-to-market.
Our Material Handling model connects these applications together to drive even greater efficiency gains.