IntelliSense.io increases the lifetime value of mining, as well as other capital-intensive operations. We build real-time operational decision-making software: AI-powered Optimization as a Service (OaaS) applications.
These applications focus on increasing value in the mine-to-market chain. We target operational effectiveness, sustainability and health & safety. IntelliSense.io is based in Cambridge, UK, with offices in Spain, Chile, Kazakhstan, and Australia.
The Engineering Manager will oversee our dynamic and diverse team of software engineers. With a focus on ensuring rapid and high-quality delivery, their responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring a collaborative and supportive culture among our engineering teams and helping to build a servant leadership style in the group
- Hiring, on-boarding and developing a diverse cohort of software engineers
- Supporting the Lead Engineer in the design and architecture of our technology stack
- Supporting our software engineers in focusing on time-to-market, while maintaining production quality output
- Working with the leaders of other technical teams and our Product Groups
- Allocating resources between various development, implementation and support work-streams
- Maintaining development velocity and supporting our Agile development processes
- Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer
- Developing the capacities of the team and identifying potential for advancement
This role would suit someone who:
- Understands the importance of delivery velocity to the company's revenue and cash-flow
- Has deep experience of the software development lifecycle, Agile methodologies and DevOps practices
- Approaches discussions or disagreements with openness, honesty and respect
- Appreciates how important friendly and empathic communication are in a fast-moving, diverse, and distributed team
- Is comfortable working with remote colleagues around the world
- Would be excited to hear about our technology stack!
- the latest tools for development and deployment (GitLab, Docker & Kubernetes)
- React front-end with Redux, PlottableJS, D3.js
- Microservices back-end using Node.js, mongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Data processing pipeline running on Apache Flink, written in Java
- Python data science services using various numeric, statistical and machine learning libraries
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 3 to 5 years managing a software engineering team
- a proven track record with production software development using Agile methodologies
- experience in some area of software development: full-stack, front- or back-end; relational or non-relational databases
- communication and presentation skills, written and oral, in English
Because of our global team and customers, ability in Spanish, Russian and/or Portuguese would benefit the role.
What we can offer
We are a growing and diverse company creating real solutions for clients using the Internet of Things, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence. We can give you the opportunity to work in an exciting and rapidly evolving industry, a place to grow your skill set, and a team of self starters to work with. The role will also offer:
- competitive salary package
- delivery-driven bonus scheme
- unlimited annual leave
- flexible working
- generous parental leave
- opportunities to travel
Come and help us tell the story of industrial data to the world!
To apply, click the button below.