Data Science Manager
We are looking for a Data Science Manager to help build and improve the tooling and frameworks developed and used by our growing Data Science team, as we bring the models we develop to production.
The role would require someone with a strong background in Python development, as well as experience in CI/CD processes.
What you’ll do
- Ensuring a collaborative and supportive culture among our data scientists and helping to build a “servant leadership” style in the group
- Hiring, on-boarding and developing a diverse cohort of data science practitioners
- Supporting the Data Science Lead in the governance of our data science function and in developing tools which can enable and accelerate that work
- Supporting our data scientists in focusing on time-to-market, while maintaining production quality output
- Working with the leaders of other technical teams and our Product Groups
- Allocating resources between various development, implementation and support work-streams
- Maintaining development velocity and supporting our Agile development processes
- Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer
- Developing the capacities of the team and identifying potential for advancement
Who you are
- Understands the importance of delivery velocity to the company's revenue and cash-flow
- Has deep experience of the software development lifecycle, Agile methodologies and DevOps practices
- Approaches discussions or disagreements with openness, honesty and respect
- Appreciates how important friendly and empathic communication are in a fast-moving, diverse, and distributed team
- Is comfortable working with remote colleagues around the world
- Would be excited to hear about our models and applications!
- Physical and empirical models of complex processes and equipment
- Machine learning prediction and inference models
- Configurable optimizers producing real-time recommendations
- Rigorous treatment of uncertainty and errors in physical and machine learning models
- Bayesian reconciliation of imprecise measurements
- Robust treatment of challenging data sources and messy data
- 3 to 5 years in a leadership position in data science or scientific software development
- a proven track record with production software development using Agile methodologies
- experience in building production data science products, scientific software or related work
- communication and presentation skills, written and oral, in English
What you’ll get
- Flexible working hours
- Performance bonus
- Unlimited annual leave
- The opportunity to make your mark in an innovative industry using the Internet of Things, Big Data and AI
Come and help us tell the story of industrial data to the world!
To apply, click the button below.