Big Data Engineer
IntelliSense.io has a great opportunity for a talented Big Data Engineer to join our busy team. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will be involved in the development of robust, scalable. and fault-tolerant systems.
As Big Data Engineer, you will be working in our engineering team to extend and build out our backend services and data processing platform for giving insights into the current operation of equipment, and giving control recommendations based on predicted performance.
What you’ll do
- Extending our data processing pipeline to be more configurable to be able to handle future applications
- Help create a microservice based data processing platform which allows for scaling of the amount of data processed and the number of clients supported in the system
- Collaborating with the data science team to integrate equipment/process models to make them ready for use in the processing platform
- Ensuring that the processing platform has good test coverage to ensure the platform is defect free
- Building a system for configuring the processing platform for different clients
Our technology stack
We are using the latest tools for development (GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes) and modern software development methodologies with scrum. Our application currently uses: Node.js, PlottableJS, D3.js, React, Mobx, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Kibana, PostgreSQL, Redis, Apache Flink, and Microservices based on Node.js, Python, and Java.
Who you are
- You have worked on backend services, data pipelines and/or microservices
- You write clean, maintainable code and love working on interesting problems
- You have a passion for building products which will be used every day
- You’re interested in building resilient software
- You have experience writing Java, Node.js, and/or Python
What you’ll get
Come and help us tell the story of industrial data to the world!
To enquire about this opportunity contact Careers@IntelliSense.io or click the button below.