Applied Data Scientist
We are looking for an Applied Data Scientist Engineer to join our growing team. Our international Data Science team has backgrounds in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Control Engineering and Physics, and experience researching biostatistics, macroeconomic hysteresis, scanning tunnelling microscopy, nanionics and fault detection, among many other topics.
As Applied Data Scientist you will develop world class models to optimise mining processes through our customer facing internet application.
The role requires a curious candidate who could transition from an academic to a commercial role and could be involved in many areas of our business.
Your responsibilities include
- Understanding new systems, processes, and equipment in the mining and minerals processing industry
- Evaluating the state of research on simulating target systems
- Working with poor, noisy and/or limited data
- Applying various mathematical, statistical and machine learning techniques to infer missing values, predict future states and produce recommendations for our customers
- Implementing models and ideas and visualise the results
- Rapidly developing ideas and iterating towards production
- Communicating approaches and results to customers and colleagues
- Assisting our Engineering team to build products using the models you have developed
- Cooperating with our Revenue teams in assessing opportunities, pursuing new customers and working with our partners
- Identifying market opportunities, new technologies and approaches which can benefit our product and our customers
Who you are
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Machine Learning, or another discipline with significant numerical, statistical and/or computational content
- Intuition into physical systems, mathematical models, statistical algorithms and/or machine learning
- A track record of working together with an interdisciplinary team
- A strong capacity for sharing complicated concepts with non-experts
- Ability to learn new concepts and strong problem solving skills
- Developing mathematical, statistical and/or computational models of industrial processes and equipment
- Mathematical modelling in mineral processing or control systems design
- Machine learning
- Programming high-performance numerical or mathematical software
- Desire to work outside of your comfort zone
- This role will support clients located in Brazil and Chile. Proficiency in Portuguese and/or Spanish is a distinct advantage
What you’ll get
- Flexible working hours
- Performance bonus
- Unlimited annual leave
- The opportunity to make your mark in an innovative industry using the Internet of Things, Big Data and AI
Come and help us tell the story of industrial data to the world!
To apply, click the button below.