IntelliSense.io has a great opportunity for an experienced Accountant to take full ownership of Payable/Receivable.
Why you’ll love IntelliSense.io
Empowering people and machines to make better and reliable decisions.
Making Mining Operations Efficient, Sustainable and Safe through trusted and open Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions.
With offices worldwide, IntelliSense.io is a fast-growing Industrial AI company deploying their real time decision-making technology platform, Brains.app and portfolio of Optimisation as a Services (OaaS) applications targeting process optimisation across the Mine to Market value chain.
These applications have been deployed at the Mining Majors across Latin America, South Africa and Central Asia for base and precious metal operations.
IntelliSense.io’s headquarters are in Cambridge, UK, with a software engineering centre in Barcelona (Spain), and field offices in Santiago (Chile), Almaty (Kazakhstan) and Perth (Australia).
What you’ll do
- Gather and monitor financial data (e.g. sales revenues and liabilities)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and support preparation of annual accounts
- Liaise with our existing accounting function to secure an efficient month end close
- Accounts receivable (prepare invoices using input from our sales and implementation teams, liaise with Customer Finance Teams and ensure we follow their Purchase Order process, chase debts)
- Accounts payable (manage purchase orders and invoice processing using our automated system, ensure expenses are controlled and paid, prepare payment run for authorisation and ensure payroll payments are made promptly)
- Manage tax liabilities and payments (VAT, HMRC and Irish, German and Spanish equivalents)
- Liaise with our External Accountants in UK, Chile and Australia
- Support preparation of budgets and business partnering with Team Leads to help them to manage their finances
- Manage reporting against budget on a monthly basis.
- Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies
- Ad hoc support on financial projects for external investment, financial reporting and group accounting
Who you are
- Proven work experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role (at least 3 years)
- Evidence of report preparation and good communication style
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software (Xero preferred)
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge of UK accounting regulations
- Excellent math skills with an attention to detail
- BSc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Additional certification (ACCA, CIMA qualified or part qualified)
- Knowledge of Google product suite and work experience with technology firms or B2B
- Willing to commute to Cambridge post Covid on a regular basis
- Experience of implementing financial controls, writing process flows and automating them.
What you’ll get
An opportunity to get involved in disruptive technology that is going to impact every industry in a similar way as the internet did. We are making the Industrial Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence real with large mining customers that are deploying our technology in scale.
About your career progression
IntelliSense.io has consistently grown year-on-year, demonstrating the need for our products in a highly competitive space. The successful candidate will have opportunities to grow and develop within the role and the company as a whole.
About the team
At IntelliSense.io we foster an inclusive team-centric environment with a high level of collaboration, passion, and commitment. We strive to build a team of adults who can take ownership of their own objectives and the execution of the company's vision.
What success looks like in this role
As an Accountant, you will successfully improve the accounting and reporting of the business. Supporting our CFO, you will contribute to the financial planning of the company.
Our Benefits include
- Unlimited Holidays
- Flexible Hours
- Working from Home / Remote
- Discretionary bonuses: paid after 12 months of service (usually in March and December)
- Discretionary Share Options
- Opportunities to drive the company strategy
- The opportunity to make your mark in an innovative industry using the Internet of Things, Big Data and AI
Are you excited about this opportunity?
Our People Team is looking forward to hearing from you!